sábado, 28 de novembro de 2009

waltz #5

Love is no big truth
Driven by our genes, we are simple selfish beings
A symphony that's you
Joyously awaking the ignorant and sleeping
Passion and its brother Hate, they come and go
Could easily be made to stay for longer though
Many people play this game so willingly
Do I have to be like them or be lonely?

How come no-one told me
All throughout history
The loneliest people
were the ones who always spoke the truth
The ones who made a difference
By withstanding the indifference
I guess it's up to me now
Should I take that risk or just smile?

What do you know
It happened again

Failure is always the best way to learn
retracing your steps 'til you know
Have no fear your wounds will heal
I wish I could travel overground
to where all you hear is water sounds
lush as the wind upon a tree

If it takes control of your body and soul
embrace it
If it makes you cry or leave you wondering why
don't turn around, face it

There's no time to hesitate, come with me now
Let's go and watch the sun rise

What is there to know?
All this is what it is
You and me alone
Sheer simplicity

But do give
Just give me today
Or you will just scare me away

Dreams burn
But in ashes are gold

If it comes back to me, I'll let you know
Or why don't you call back to see tomorrow
I hope I can be the hand that you need

It sounded like a really good solution at the time

There are very many things
I would like to say to you
but I've lost my way
and I've lost my words
There are very many places
I would like to go
but I can't find the key
to open my door
The weight of my words
you can't feel it anymore

I don't know what I can save you from

If only you and I could trust
each other through this
then together we could
work out who
the enemy is.

Your increasingly long embraces
Are they saying sorry or please?
I don't know what's happening, help me
I don't normally beg for assistance
I rely on my own eyes to see
But right now they make no sense to me
Right now you make no sense to me

I’m letting go to see if you’ll hold on to me
I’m in doubt of what is thought and what is real

Go easy on me, I can’t help what I’m doing

Homesick
’cause I no longer know
what home is

Parallel lines move so fast
toward the same point
Infinity is as near as it is far

Explain me one more time
When they kill it's a crime
When you kill it is justice

The sun sets on the war
The day breaks and everything is new.


kings of convenience